Wednesday, February 21, 2007

3 miles in 24:03

9:48pm

Just finished a 3 miler on the good old treadmill. It is tough getting in some of these weekday runs but I always feel better when I am done! I am feeling decent this week although I have some discomfort in my left hamstring. Nothing I really need to worry about but I will try stretching more - I need to get better at doing that.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Buffalo will be my fifth marathon. I have learned quite a lot about my running throught the last three years. Marathon running has really helped me focus in a lot of areas. For this next race I am really focusing on my nutrition leading up to the race and on race day. There is nothing worse than completely bonking at mile 18 with nothing left in the tank. I think if I make some adjustments it could help me on race day. More on this plan later but I have some ideas. For now I will try to get many fruits and vegetables in my system. This really works for me.

I bought a few Powerbars so I can pack one for my weekend long run. I am looking for Clif Shot Blocks but have yet to find a local store that carries them. I want to compare this to the GU I usually pack. Often I find that I require a little "solid" food on a long run rather than just GU and liquid.

More thoughts and stories soon. There is tons to talk about in the world of running!

No comments: