Tuesday, February 20, 2007

4 miles in 32:33

The post headlines simply read my overall time for my daily run...no big statement, just a way for me to highlight my times in the effort to run better and faster.

I ran 2 x 1 mile @ 7:30 pace and did .5 mile @ 7:30 pace. The balance of the run was at a comfortable pace.

I felt decent during the run - I cranked up the tunes on my iPod which definately helps with treadmill running!

My schedule for the rest of the week:

Wed = 3M
Thurs = 5M
Sat = 3M
Sun = 15M

The weather might actually be decent this weekend. Long range forecast calls for 35 degrees Sunday, although icy in the morning with cooler temps. Let's see if they are right.

By the way, I posted a few items from Amazon that some of you may be interested in if you currently run or are thinking of running. These are products that I currently use and would recommend. I know every runner is different and each foot varies for a particular shoe, but the items are worth looking into.

Asics shoes have worked out well for me. I have run in 5 pairs of the 2100 model and have one more pair left. I'll be switching to the 2110 model since the 2100 model is only available in limited sizes.

The Garmin Forerunner is also a great GPS watch. I can run wherever I want and track all my mileage etc. There are a couple newer models out now but this watch still works great for me.

GU is also excellent for long runs. Every runner has their own favorites...these are just a few essential items for me.

More to follow soon. Have a good run!

1 comment:

keith said...

good luck with your training! i'm definitely on the lookout for any tips or tricks as far as distance running goes! i'll definitely stay tuned to see what you have to say.

keith