Sunday, June 24, 2007

Week in review

Here is a quick traiing log recap since my last post:

June 15 = 3 miles on trails at lunch - lots of fun and the hilly trails!
June 17 = 3.8 miles for day (includes 5K race - details below)

Total for week (6/11 - 6/17) = 18.3 miles

June 18 = 5.1 miles
June 20 = 5.4 miles (7 x 1/2 mile repeats at 5K pace)
June 22 = 4.6 miles
June 24 = 10 miles

Total for week (6/18 - 6/24) = 25.1 miles

First, I will start off by saying I really enjoyed the Father's Day 5K race that I ran on Jue 17 (Medved 5K to Cure ALS in Rochester, NY). My wife and son were at the finish waiting for me - what better way to spend Father's Day morning. The race started at 8:30am and the temps were rising but not much of a factor. The course was fast and flat (you never know until you really run these races) and only one minor incline (I won't call it a hill). It has a nice finish in Frontier Field (baseball field in Rochester for AAA baseball). Over 600 runners started and the race was well managed. It definately was tight in some spots and I had to work on passing other runners. I missed my PR by 14 seconds but I was very happy to finish the race in 22:11. This gives me a good gauge on my current fitness and I am curious to see what I can do at the Boilermaker in a couple weeks.

This past week of running was good. I have been feeling good and I completed some quality runs at decent paces. I did some speed work one day this week and will do another this week as I prepare for the 15K.

That's all for now. Thanks for the emails and for stopping by the blog.

No comments: