Monday, July 9, 2007

NEW 15K PR = 1:13:39

It has been a while since my last post. Just busy with a lot of things these days and not much time to sit down and post a blog entry.

My running highlight this week is a PR! I ran the Utica Boilermaker 15K yesterday and set a new PR which I am very happy with. I finished in 1:13:39 taking almost 3 minutes off my old PR. My old PR from 2005 is 1:16:30.

My race recap:

I finished 1,976 out of 10,882 finishers

Splits:
5K = 24:00
10K = 48:27
15K = 1:13:39

For those of you that have run the Boilermaker, you know that the course (and the warm weather) can be challenging. It is a great race with a lot of energy and crowd support. Very well organized and definately on my race calendar every year now.

The elite runners were again very impressive. Nate Jenkins was the first American to finish in 46:22 - NICE!!! (13th overall). Nate is a great runner and I just read a few articles about him and reviewed some of his race results. Keep up the great running, Nate! Looking forward to hearing about your future races.

I am now looking to run the Rochester half marathon in September. I am setting up a training plan for myself starting this week (only 10 weeks to go!). I plan to set a half marathon PR at that race.

I'll be posting a recap at the end of the week. I would like to at least post once weekly with my weekly training updates.

That is all for now. Happy running!

Matt

No comments: