Monday, May 7, 2007

Great weather

Today I was able to get out for a lunch time run. I left around noon and the weather was perfect: sunny and 68 degrees. After the first mile or so I really started feeling the sun. I don't usually run very well in the heat so hopefully these afternoon runs will help me out. I am sure things will get tough when it hits the high 70's and 80's but my lunch runs are uaually between 4 and 5 miles so it should be ok for me.

Today was my first run since last Tuesday. I ran 4.2 miles today in 38:04. My average weekly mileage for this marathon training is very, very low. The marathon is around the corner so my last long run will be this Saturday morning. Usually I like to run my last long run three weeks prior but I could not schedule it this time.

I am running in my last pair of Asics GT-2100 shoes. This is my sixth pair since the model came out and I can no longer find my size. I'll be due for a new pair in a couple months. I'll be purchasing a couple pairs of the 2110 model. I really enjoy the Asics shoes and have had very good experiences training with them.

Four days after the marathon I will be running the Chase Corporate Challenge in Rochester, NY followed by the Utica Boilermaker 15K in July. More talk to follow on these races.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey Matt,

We FINALLY got some nice weather out here in Oregon as well. It hit 80 today...nuts!

Don't ya hate when the shoe companies change out the "perfect" shoe?! When I ran in Asics, I used to be a kayano guy but that got a bit pricey once I started doing marathons and hitting the higher mileage.