Sunday, May 13, 2007

Week in review


The photo to the left my final stretch of the 2006 Rochester Marathon.

Here is a quick recap of my running week (just 2 weeks from today is the Buffalo marathon!):

Monday: 4.2 in 38:04 (9:04 pace)
Tuesday: 4.8 in 40:14 (8:23 pace)
Thursday: 4.2 in 37:27 (8:55 pace)
Saturday: 12 in 1:52:48 (9:24 pace)

Total miles: 25.2

I felt great Saturday morning on my 12 mile excursion. I decided to cut my long run before I went out on Saturday since I do not want to add too many miles in these "taper" weeks. I figured 12 miles is much easier for me to recover compared to my typical 20 miler. I headed out the door at 6:20am Saturday and the temperature was 46 degrees, as I expected. Everything felt great on this run. I definately felt like I could go many more miles as I finished. The pace I ran felt comfortable and I added in some hills along the way. Perfect morning to run. Everything was quiet as I ran through farmland and back country roads. I can't wait for the race. I am not sure what kind of time I will run but I want to get out there and do my best.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Matt,
Good call on the 12 miler! That is probably about perfect 2 weeks out from your race. Continue the taper down, maybe 6-8 mile "long" run next weekend and you'll be ready to rock the Buffalo Mary!

Legs and Wings said...

Hey Matt, thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your thoughts. And, good luck with the final days leading up to Buffalo. You've been there before so you know how deep to dig. You'll fly bro. Take care.